I assume you all know by now that July is National Ice Cream Month 🙂 I’m pretty much obsessed with my ice cream maker, so this is the perfect month for me. The only ice cream I’ve made before now is Butter Pecan, and that was from a mix. All I had to do was add cream and milk.
I’ve made sorbet before because sugar is a staple in my house, but cream and half-and-half are not. I always have whole milk on hand because of the little man, so usually use that as a substitute. Peanut butter is another staple in my house, so my husband asked if I’d make Peanut Butter Ice Cream. He had a hankering for ice cream and pb chocolate is one of his favorite combos. Shockingly, I had chocolate chips in my pantry, so I threw some of those in to the ice cream.
The result was amazing! The texture was perfect and the flavor was spot on. It wasn’t overly sweet and had just the right amount of peanut better taste if you ask me.Definitely the best ice cream I’ve ever made. This recipe is a keeper 🙂
In addition to this, I made Brown Sugar Ice Cream, and Watermelon Sorbet. Not sure what else I’ll make this month, but surely something.
What did you make for National Ice Cream Month?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Adapted from this one from allrecipes.com
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat dry milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Pour the half-and-half, dry milk, and milk into a large saucepan over low heat. Cook until heated, stirring to dissolve the dry milk.
- Stir in the peanut butter and sugar until smooth and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool mixture, and refrigerate.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and blend in a blender before pouring into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.