Have I mentioned how much I love fall baking?! One of my fall favorites is definitely apples. I’m normally a purist and eat my apples just plain, but this lovely recipe landed in my inbox earlier this month and it inspired me to make some kind of dip for apples. I wanted to use up some canned pumpkin I had, so I decided to use that recipe as inspiration and start experimenting in the kitchen. I admittedly did not write down what I did while I made this, but because it turned out so yummy, I attempted to use the old noggin to try to remember what I did. To the best of my memory, this is what I did:
Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup pumpkin
¾ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup caramel sauce
Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- Whisk (or beat with an electric mixer) the cream cheese and pumpkin together.
- Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, incorporating each addition before adding more.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate the dip for a couple hours.
- Serve with cored and sliced Granny Smith apples.