Thank you, Pinterest, for introducing me to Birthday Cake Truffles. My life is a little more complete now!
One of my co-workers celebrated his birthday yesterday, so I decided that an adaptation of these Birthday Cake Truffles would be the ideal celebration treat. I bake something for each co-worker on my team every year for their birthday. My team is comprised of mostly men – men who don’t have people to bake them sweet treats very often – so it’s something I’m happy to do!
The best thing about these Birthday Cake Truffles is that they’re no-bake 🙂 Could you get any easier? Not really. The second best thing is that you could play around with pretty much any combination of flavors. I opted for yellow cake with sprinkles, and covered some in white chocolate and some in semisweet chocolate. Both were great. I usually avoid white chocolate at all costs, but it really worked well with these. And it looked nice 🙂
Unfortunately I didn’t get a good photo of these because they disappeared so quickly! I get a new phone in three months, so I promise that when I don’t have time to snap a good pic, the quality should still be better than this!
In any case, please make these. They’re so addicting! Enjoy 🙂
Cake Batter Truffles
Yield: About 3 dozen
1 ½ cups flour
4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined.
- Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency (it took me 4-5 T).
- Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- While dough balls are chilling, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. (Stir between intervals.)
- Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely.
- Using a fork, dip truffles into chocolate and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl.
- Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles.
- Repeat with remaining balls until finished.